Thursday, August 9, 2007

Saipan Earthquake?

Ok it’s 7:51 AM and I’m just about to write about our Diver meet up yesterday when my desk begins to shake! I’m not one hundred percent sure, after all I did have a couple of beers last night, but that was not a shake you get from having too much the night before! This felt like an earthquake (I have felt two before) and since Indonesia was hit by one big one yesterday and we are in a active region I’ll be waiting to hear if I’m right. If it was an earthquake EMO should tell us about it in a few days I just wanted everyone to hear it here first!

4 comments:

Harry Blalock said...

Ok, so now the question is, did you blog about it first, or did I say it on the air first. I had to wait for the song to end first, but I said we had an earthquake on the air 54 seconds after it happened. Can't wait to read your comments on last night, which is something I can claim to have beaten you on!

Lewie Tenorio said...

I don't know Harry, I had just flipped my mic switch on when it happened and the first thing I said was "did you feel that?"

Anonymous said...

The US Geological Survey reports the quake at a 5.3 very near Rota at 746a:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2007fuca.php

Angelo Villagomez said...

I was about to say that it is probably already online. You can log onto the webpage and write about your experience, the type of building you were in, etc.

It was at 7:46, right?