Monday, August 20, 2007

New Diving Blog

We have a new diving blog! Well respected (I've heard good things from everyone who I know has taken a course from him) dive instructor Richard Sikkel has entered the blogging world! Check out his site. Welcome to the trenches Richard! This of course reminded me that I have not posted my third (and final) installment of the Around the Island Paddle. Richard is also very active in the Saipan Outrigger Canoe Club (SOCC). Perhaps in due course we will have a world famous Circumnavigation of Saipan outrigger race to add to the reasons for traveling and living here!


Thats Richard in the 5th seat, second from the back, grey shirt! Double Rainbow how cool is that! Click on the picture to make it a little bigger.

4 comments:

Angelo Villagomez said...

Richard needs to add an archive and improve the navigation

scubatripp said...

Angelo, I think he would be open to any help on improving his site. I'm hoping you'll both be a the meeting tomorrow and he can get some help if needed from the rest of the bloggers (but you know what you're doing) except when it comes to giving up a perfectly good bottle of scotch. I guess we gotta keep the ol' guy happy!

Richard Sikkel PADI MSDT said...

Richard NEEDS to do nothing of the sort. I am open to suggestions though.

Bruce A. Bateman said...

Thanks for letting us know aboout Richard's site.

I think the side bar extras he put on his blog are great assets. Seems easy enough to navigate to me. It's all right there. Maybe I'm missing something.

That double rainbow was really awe inspiring, Mike. Remember how tough that squall was right after? I did not envy the paddlers having to go through that, although the cooling effect might have been a boon.