Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sunset at Seal Beach

Ok, being a little lazy on the writing tonight. I went for a walk to the beach yesterday. It was a clear night although there was definitely some effects in the sky from the fires burning around LA.
No Photoshop here, there really never is on this blog. Plenty of potential photo ops and mother nature seems to provide all that is needed.
I never get bored of trying to capture a sunset. It's gotten so much easier with digital! I remember one particular night siting on a beach in Moorea many years back discussing the crap shoot it was taking a whole roll of film not really knowing if you have the exposure right. One of the pictures I got on that night is now framed and hanging in my house. I got lucky - with the picture!I love watching the sun set and taking the time to reflect on the day. Sunrise is cool too but way too early. I like getting up in the morning about as much as I like wearing socks.

2 comments:

Angelo Villagomez said...

Looking forward to seeing you back on Saipan.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to getting you back into the water! I hope to dive with you once you are back and up to it.

It's amazing how a little smoke in the air can make for such color in a sunset. I remember almost feeling guilty enjoying the bright red sunsets in WA when there was a forest fire someplace within 100 miles or so. Incredible color in nearly hypnotic sunsets.

More great photos, too. Keep 'em coming, Mike!