Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saipan Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest 2008

Today marks the 2nd annual Marianas Dive Underwater Pumpkin Carving contest. Obyan beach is once again this year's location and once again there will be delicious cupcakes! Check out pictures and stories from last years fun here. Everything gets underway around noon with a BBQ, free T-shirts to the first 20 entrants and yes Rose has promised her famous cup cakes. Last year coverage made the local news including judging controversies and a whole lot of fun.

Here's video from 2007, the first Marianas Underwater Pumpkin Carving contest. Unfortunately for me I can't be in two places at once so I'll be hitting the DEMA convention show floor while everyone else enjoys themselves in crystal clear warm waters making crazy pumpkin faces!

Have Fun! Share pictures!


UPDATE

Check out Kelli's blog for a great run down of this years event. Looks like fun was had by all.
Atsuko also has a whole bunch of great pictures on her Picasa Album here

1 comment:

KelliOnSaipan said...

Brad was our videographer this year. I'm looking forward to his video. I posted some pictures on my blog from my little camera.
http://kellionsaipan.blogspot.com